Operation Carpenter Virtual 5K Details
A virtual 5K can be run or walked anywhere, any time during a designated week, August 11-19. Friends and families are located world-wide and schedules vary, so the flexibility increases participation.
- Registration: Registration is open until August 20. All proceeds go to supporting Night Stalkers. Click the Run dropdown and select Register.
- Registration + Shirt Deadlines: To receive an Operation Carpenter 5K race shirt, please register by July 11 at Noon CST.
- Race Shirts: A huge thanks to Nine Line Apparel for sponsoring the Operation Carpenter Virtual 5K! Nine Line shirts are moisture wicking which is very popular. See the registration page for details. Please note, we do not purchase extra shirts so make sure to order before the shirt deadline.
- Note to International Participants: Due to packages going through customs, we cannot guarantee you will receive your race packet before race day.
- Race Week (August 11-19): During race week, supporters have the option to run or walk on their own, or they can join or host a group in their area.
- Why August 12? When Operation Carpenter was founded, Clayton Carpenter’s friends and family decided to run during the week of Clayton’s birthday.
- Race Groups: Previously, meet-up groups have been hosted by participants in areas such as Nashville, Atlanta, West Point, Colorado Springs and even Honduras. Runners and walkers gather on the designated day to complete the route, take pictures, and remember our Fallen. Some also choose to conclude with a group snack or meal at a local venue.
- Sharing: Please help us to promote the virtual 5K by inviting others to join. All proceeds and donations support Night Stalker families in need.
Host a Race Group
- Planning a Route: Logistically, routes can be as simple as a sidewalk start that continues to a designated location, or as creative as a decorated path in a park that includes sidewalk chalk and photos of Fallen Night Stalkers. This is an opportunity to respectfully personalize each experience. Safety is always our primary focus when planning routes.
- Host a Race Group: To host a race group in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
After the Race
- Post Your Photos: Please share your race day photos on the Operation Carpenter Facebook Page and use #OperationCarpenter.
Stay Informed & Communicate
- Communication: To receive Operation Carpenter communication and race details, please see the footer and sign up for our newsletter. We will be asking for group volunteers, sending reminders and announcing race group locations in the upcoming event.
- Feedback: We are always looking for ways to improve. Please send us your input at email@example.com.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.